Highlights of Camp Coonawarra

On Monday the 17th we arrived at Camp Coonawarra certain to have a great time. Our first activity was the flying fox and I thought that was great.

THE FLYING FOX

The first activity (for us it was orienteering) was cancelled but we all got out to our second activity, the thrilling Flying Fox! A boy and then a girl from my group went first and they looked like they were having a blast! I thought it looked great, so I went to the back of the line. Two more people went next and they looked like they were having a great time as well. I then went next, hoping it would be as thrilling as it looked. Of course it was! There were about three more goes after me and I decided to have another go but there was sadly not anough time. But others in our group at the start did not want to have a go, because they were scared of heights, but they stood up to their fears and had a go. Of course they were happy and they felt great because they tryed something new and I thought that was great.

On the 18th of June it was Mrs Naismith’s birthday so that is what I chose to write.

Mrs. Naismith’s Birthday!

The next day we got out of bed and we all remebered it was Mrs Naismith’s birthday! We sat down to have breakfast and Mrs. Naismith walked in so we all started singing happy birthday. After we ate our group had duty group but we hardly did any work because we were having photos with our teacher and giving her a few gifts. I have her a metal bookmark with a great picture of a bike, which I thought was a great idea since most people gave her chocolate. Throughout the day we played party games like pass the parcel. Most of the fun surprises were lollipops, mini mazes, and small, coloured notepads of sandals. After all those party games we played archery. Which I thought was one of the best things of the camp. Two people got bullseyes but I got the next best thing, which was the red section near the middle! I was really proud of myself because I couldn’t hit the board a whole year ago.

We all had a great time and I think we all learnt a lot.