Coonawarra Camp

Guess what?

On Monday the 17th to Wednesday the 19th of June, the grades 5T, 5/6N and 6K went on a very exciting camp to Coonawarra! Coonawarra is in a Valley and so because it was raining so heavily all night and all day, it flooded. Because of this we were stuck inside playing games and things instead of doing activities. Though this was still fun.

One of the activities I did get to do was the “Giant Swing.” This is where you are in a harness attached to a big swing and you get pulled up by a rope to the hight you want and then you start swinging. I went to the top.

Another activity we did was horse riding! The horse I rode was named Mag-pie. Mag-pie was a really slow and lazy horse so I had to use a whip. I used this a few times because he was getting left behind. After finishing the track we did, we had to go back to the stable and say good bye to our horse. At this stage I didn’t want to say good bye and I wanted to take Mag-pie home.

One more exciting thing that happened on camp was our teacher Mrs Naismith’s birthday. For her birthday we made a cake, played party games and many more. I think Mrs Naismith had a great day

I had a great time at Coonawarra and would love to go again sometime! Maybe when it is not raining so much.