Ethan’s Adventure Story

I was running through the woods, the witch getting nearer and nearer by the second. With the wind and rain whipping my face, I untied the silver chain from my waist and threw it behind, hoping to bind the witch. Silver is very effective against a witch and can be used to bind one. I looked over my shoulder, and to my dismay, it had fallen well short of it’s mark. I couldn’t go back and get it so I had to use my staff for defence. Just then I was thrown off balance and knocked to the ground. The witch laughed and said”c’mon Ethan, let’s go and have supper with each other.” “Okay, Alice.”I groaned. Another defeat against a girl! I was determined not to let it happen tomorrow night.

I didn’t have much of an appetite so I only ate a little and complimented my master’s pet boggart and sat by the fire. I stared disappointedly into the flickering flames. Alice crept into the room and sat by my side. “Something is bothering you, I can tell.”she said softly. I didn’t want to believe her but something was. My master had been gone for days and I was starting to get quite worried. Then I heard the sound of a bell.”Well, I better go check it out.”I told her calmly.”Be safe.”she called after me.

I walked outside and greeted the man that was ringing the bell. But suddenly, as I was about to shake his hand, talons sprouted out of his fingers and he ran at me. It was now an all out battle between me and whatever it was. I was frantically parrying blow after blow from the talons with my staff but I then got the upper hand and forced it back against a tree. I then did a move that my master taught me recently. I quickly transferred my staff to my right hand and threw it as hard as I could at the thing. The retractable blade went through it’s shoulder and pinned it to the tree. I was about to turn and run when he pulled a knife from it’s sheath and threw it straight at my head. I couldn’t move anywhere  because the knife was moving to fast. I thought it was the end. What I did then wasn’t done consciously. I watched the knife spinning towards me and concentrated really hard. Time seemed to slow as I reached upwards and gripped the wooden handle of the knife. I threw it straight back at the thing and it planted itself in the thing’s chest with a sickening thud. There was a small yelp and it died. I turned my back and jogged back to the safety of the house. Wait until my master hears about this!

Thanks to Joseph Delaney for the fantastic idea!

6 thoughts on “Ethan’s Adventure Story

1. Good Story 🙂
    You had some good desription words in your story which made it interesting.
    It was a good begining of the story wich made me inspired to read it.

2. I really liked your story it was interesting in many ways. I liked when you pinned it against the tree. Good job Ethan

3. Hey Ethan I really like your story because it was really interesting. I liked how you had to give in to the witch.

4. Cool story with great idea! did you ever find out what that thing was? I wonder…

5. Hey Ethan,

Your story was really good and it made me want to read more.

Michaela